Thursday, 31 July 2014

Rimmel London | Stay Matte Primer, Foundation + Powder


Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation has been my holy grail make up item for the longest time now! I can't remember exactly when I started using it but what I do know is it was in a little glass pot and, I think, it was called dream matte mousse, and as you can see from the photo's, it's definitely not in a pot anymore!

Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse comes in a 30ml tube and it's lasted me months and months! It's looking a little bit sorry for itself now so I think a bit of a beauty splurge is needed, but none the less, it's lasted an insane amount of time! I find that this foundation applies effortlessly and feels really nice and light on my skin. I'm sure you remember the "ditch the cake" adverts! I've used foundations before that have honestly made my skin feel heavy, here I go again with the strange "terminologies", but this foundation honestly feels so smooth and light, I can't fault it!

I'm not too sure on the science behind it but Rimmel say that it has "all day shine control" and it does! I have an incredibly oily t-zone and this foundation really helps to keep that at bay for a good 6-8 hours! I use the shade Ivory #100 and it's a perfect match for my skin. I feel that it gives a medium coverage which is just enough for me! An absolute bargain really at just £5.99! If you haven't invested in this foundation yet, what are you waiting for?

Next up, let's talk primer.. i'm actually beginning to think I should have written the primer paragraph first. Let's just go with the flow. Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer was actually the first primer I ever bought myself and i've had others since, but none of them compare to this bad boy. For one, it doesn't feel like silicone, honestly the feel of most primers makes me want to vom. Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer has a moisturiser like consistency. I only laid my eyes on this baby at the beginning of this year and i'm so glad I did. For one, it's added hours to the length of time that my make up actually stays on my face and, my favourite part, it minimises the appearance of pores, hallelujah! Sometimes when i'm having a lazy make up day, I just wear this product on it's own to hide those pesky pores. Another staple and great bargain at £5.99

Last but not least is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Now, I know most people just use the "translucent" shade but I decided for those days when I need a really high coverage, a coloured powered on top of my foundation would be best. I wear the shade, Sandstorm #004. Another product that I sometimes just wear on it's own but teamed with Rimmel's Stay Matte Mousse Foundation and Primer, it's a dream! Apparently it has natural minerals in it and honestly, I don't know much about minerals but what I do know is that it's not as harsh on your skin. Another great thing about this product is that it's free from parabens! You can read all about parabens here, nasty chemicals! Basically it completes the whole matte look and i'd be lost without it. Definitely a product to keep in your handbag! It's currently available for £3.99.

As is evident in the photos, all three of these products are very loved and i'm sure i'll continue to love them and use them for a long time to come. So have you tried any of the Rimmel London Stay Matte products? What did you think? If you've not used them before, are you planning on doing so now? Let me know!
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4922963https://twitter.com/thelifeofmaisiehttps://www.facebook.com/thelifeofmaisieshophttp://instagram.com/maisieejo#http://ionlydatealiens.tumblr.com/https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThelifeofmaisieSHOP?ref=si_shophttp://www.youtube.com/user/maisieeface
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the powder, it's one of my favourites powders! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both foundation and powder and I have to say it's the best I've used in a longgg time. They really are makeup must haves for me!

    Natalie xo

    Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only tried the translucent powder, but I think I'll definitely give the primer a go now! Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hands down the best/nicest primer i've used <3

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the primer. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the foundation you are referring to in the little glass pot is maybelline. The stay matte foundation from Rimmel used to be in a smaller see through tube with a flesh toned lid. It was less of a mousse texture then. I bought that one time after time xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you ever so much for popping by! I read each and every comment and honestly appreciate them so much! I try my best to reply to all of them so if you've asked me something, be sure to check back to see if I've written back to you. Alternatively, you can email me at thelifeofmaisie@hotmail.com or if you've got a quick message you can tweet me, @thelifeofmaisie Enjoy your day!

Blogger Template Made By pipdig